Pork Menudo


I finally made some pork menudo last Friday! I had this recipe bookmarked from my cookbook for months.

Menudo is a Filipino dish, with thick tomato sauce. Normally menudo has raisins to balance the sourness of the tomato paste and liver to add some bitterness, but I opted not to put it because neither I nor hubby will eat them. Some would also add green peas, carrots and bell pepper. But for the dish I made, I only added potatoes. I actually added too much potatoes. You can actually count the number of pork cubes in there. :D


Pork Menudo

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 1/4 cup diced onions
  • 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
  • 1 cup minced tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 cups potatoes, cut in 1/2" cubes
  • 2 cups pork, cut in 3/4" cubes
  • 1 1/2 cups cubed liver (optional)
  • 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup tomato sauce
Directions
  1. Saute garlic, onions.
  2. When the onion is translucent, add the tomatoes and saute until it starts to liquefy.
  3. Add pork and cook until brown.
  4. Add the tomato sauce and water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
  5. Cook until meat is soft, adding more water if necessary.
  6. Add the potatoes.
  7. When the potatoes are half-cooked, add the liver.
  8. Cover and simmer until fully cooked.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP