My Fudgy Experience

I'm a chocoholic... I love anything chocolate. Plus, hubby loves chocolate desserts. Once I baked vanilla cupcakes, he didn't eat them... because they're not chocolate! :P

I've been looking for a new recipe to try... something no-bake (since I don't have an oven), something easy, and something with chocolate. So I decided to search for an easy fudge recipe.

I found this recipe from Kathy Maister's Start Cooking and decided to try it out.



Chocolate Fudge

Ingredients

  • 1 pound chocolate chips (milk chocolate, semi-sweet or dark)
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 can condensed milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
  • chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions
  1. Prepare the double-boiler. Put some water in a pan and bring it to a simmer.
  2. While waiting for the water to simmer, line the bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment or wax paper. If possible, line the sides as well (in my case, a round pan).
  3. Put the chocolate, butter, condensed milk and vanilla in a metal bowl. When the water in the pan is simmering, place the bowl over the simmering water, stirring occasionally.
  4. When everything is smooth, blended, and all melted, remove the bowl from heat. Add the chopped walnuts and stir until blended.
  5. Pour it into the prepared pan, and let it sit for a few minutes until the pan's bottom has cooled a bit (around 10-15 minutes is enough).
  6. Put in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 4 hours.
  7. When the fudge has set, run a knife around the pan and remove the fudge from pan.
  8. Remove the parchment paper and cut into squares.


Notes:
  • Since I'm just trying it out, I only use half of the required ingredients.
  • And since I only used half, I also used a smaller pan, and the only small pan I have is a round one. :)
  • The original recipe used unsalted butter. I didn't have unsalted butter, so I used normal butter. If you'll use unsalted butter, add 1/4 teaspoon salt.

There! The fudge turned out delicious.

Unfortunately it melts so easily... I don't know if fudge really is like that (melts easily) or I did something wrong... damn humidity! As much as I want Lloyd to bring them to work, it's not possible because it will surely melt.

Actually, I also find it too sweet... and I already used semi-sweet chocolate (and not milk chocolate as mentioned in the original recipe). Nevertheless, Lloyd still likes it. hihi!

I think I'll continue my search for another fudge recipe. But do try this out because it is yummy. Like Lloyd, you might like it better than I do. :)


1 comments:

Anonymous,  March 2, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

I love anything with chocolates! Looks yummy but not good for keeping my weight off :P

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP