I Burned Something

Yeah, I burned something by accident...
And this was when I was cooking pancakes!

A few days ago, I cooked pancakes for breakfast. On my last batch of pancakes, I adjusted the stove's flame so that the pancakes will cook faster. After cooking the last batch, I served the pancakes then went to the bedroom for a while to call my husband for breakfast. When I got back to the kitchen, it smelled like burnt plastic... then I saw the frying pan smoking and my plastic turner on the side. Waaaa panic!

I turned off the stove and immediately removed the turner on the side of the pan. Then I realized what I did: after cooking the pancakes, I placed the turner face-down on the pan's side... without turning off the flame! The turner's not the only thing that's damaged, some of the plastic got stuck as well on the frying pan's side.

Here's the turner with the frying pan....
I threw it away. Good thing this is my old turner! I have another one, which was still in the sink that time... hihi :) The frying pan's alright now. I was able to remove the stuck plastic on the side - I let the pan heat up on the stove again and waited for the plastic to melt a bit, then wiped the plastic away.

I've learned my lesson: before serving the food, check if the stove's turned off.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  March 9, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

LOL... I actually did this before too.. Not on purpose though. I wasnt suppose to put the handle against the pot becz it was so hot and it melted and fell off. d worst part was that it was not at mine, i was at my friend's house. the next day when i went back, my fren's mum asked her what happen. haha. oppps

CECiL March 10, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

I had similar experience too! I just blogged a post at http://cecilathome.blogspot.com/2009/03/curious-case-of-burnt-turner.html after seeing this post of yours ... and linked to you in the post. Please let me know if you have any concern in the linking. Thanks!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP