My New Toy

Finally got a new oven!


It's a Tefal OV1002. It's a small table-top convection oven, just a few inches bigger than our microwave oven.

After buying this oven, I've realized some things that I should have checked and taken into consideration before buying:
  • The size. My baking sheets do not fit anymore. The inside of the oven is 13 inches wide. Even the smallest baking sheet I have which is 13.5 inches long won't fit it. So I bought a smaller one... went to a lot of stores looking for a baking sheet that's small enough.
  • The rack. It only has one rack inside. So I have no choice but to bake one batch at a time. And given point # 1 which is the size, I'm limited to at most 4 cookies per batch for a normal-size cookie.
  • The time. Given points 1 and 2, the size and the number of racks, baking will take longer than expected, almost double compared to a normal convection oven. There goes the electricity bill.
Other than those mentioned above, I have nothing else to say other than I AM SO EXCITED TO BAKE! :)

6 comments:

Debbie December 2, 2009 at 6:09 AM  

Good for you! I have a combo toaster/convection oven and I love it.

janis December 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Debbie,
Thanks! I haven't used mine yet but I love it already hihi!

Ibyang December 15, 2009 at 5:36 AM  

congrats on the new oven :)

Ng Wan Jing,  June 16, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Hi! I am currently looking for an electric oven and may I know what are your reviews regarding your Tefal Oven? Is the temperature accurate? Will it be able to fit in a 10inch cake tin? Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks!

janis June 17, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

Ibyang thanks!
Ng Wan Jing the Tefal oven is great! i bought an oven thermometer so i can see the oven's current temperature. yes, it can fit a 10in cake tin. the oven's interior is 13" wide, so i got tins/trays smaller than that :)

gorilla June 17, 2010 at 3:33 PM  

Hi Janis! Thank you so much for your prompt reply! Yes, I have already decided to get this oven tonight. Really thank you for your feedback! :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP