The Cupcake Survey

I have a problem and I need your help. On Christmas, there will be a small gathering in our house with some friends. They will spend Christmas lunch at home. It's pot luck, everyone will bring something and since I'm still in the hype of my baking, I volunteered to make the desserts.

I'm planning to make a few cupcakes since there will be less than 10 people coming over. Now my problem is... what to bake?

The Cupcakes
 
I have three choices for the cupcakes:

  1. Red Velvet - red... perfect for the holidays
  2. Chocolate - for the chocoholic in me
  3. Vanilla - something simple for a change
The Frostings
    If I choose red velvet cupcakes, I have two options for the frosting:
    • Creamy vanilla frosting - a la NY's Magnolia Bakery
    • Cream cheese frosting - perfect combination.... sweet and tangy
    For the vanilla cupcakes, I also have two options for the frosting:
    • Vanilla frosting - plain and simple
    • Chocolate frosting - to contrast the vanilla cupcake... plus the chocolohic in me just won't let go. :D
     For the chocolate cupcakes, I have three options for the frosting:
    • Chocolate ganache - rich, dark, thick
    • Whipped chocolate ganache - whippy version of the chocolate ganache
    •  Chocolate buttercream frosting - back to basic
    So all in all, there are a total of seven choices. I'm planning to make one type only. But depending on the number of people attending, I'll make the top two, for a bit of variation. Or maybe make the cupcake the same and just change the frosting.

    Take your pick (cupcake and frosting)! Send me a message or comment which one you like most. I will be announing the winning cupcake/s by weekend.

    3 comments:

    Lory December 15, 2009 at 3:22 AM  

    I would like the red velvel cupcake with cream cheese frosting!

    maggie December 22, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

    i'll go with the red velvet with creamy vanilla frosting para patok sa kids and kids at heart.

    Mary @ Frogs and Men December 29, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

    have you had any luck with the babycakes cookbook? i've got to say, i'm disappointed...

      © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP