Bake On Baby!

Since I got my oven a few days ago, I've been baking more than once a week!

The first thing I baked is, of course, the classic chocolate chip cookies. Actually, hubby requested it. hihi!



Second: I tried making banana muffins. First time to try it out and it looked, smelled and tasted great! Will post the recipe soon.


The latest batch of food I baked are some chocolate crinkles. You can get the recipe from my other blog Journal of Thoughts (I posted it way before I had The Foodie's Food Trip). We gave them out as Christmas gifts to friends. I already gave out seven packs of them... still have a few more to give out. hihi!

5 comments:

Hampers December 10, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

Nice blog. I am a big foodie. Love the chocolate crinkles on your blog. it looks tempting and can serve the purpose of Christmas gift. Enjoyed it very much.

Mommy Liz December 15, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

Wow, looks interesting, but I would need bigger oven, since I have a big family, hehehe.. Great toy though..

Spear,  January 4, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

Hi Janis,
I would like to seek some advice on this oven. I just got the same oven 2 weeks ago and have no idea which function to use for what food. Which function do you usually use for your bakes, like cookies/ cakes/ muffins?
From your picture I see that you are using the second last function. When I tried this function, I find that the oven is not very hot and had to extend the baking time. But when I used the last function, the oven is too hot and my cookies got burnt.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! =DDD

janis January 4, 2011 at 8:03 PM  

Hey Spears,

for everything I baked, I always use that function, which is the fan heating function (i think). my tip: get an oven thermometer, and adjust the temperature based on that thermometer, and not from the temperature switch. :)
happy baking!

Spear,  January 5, 2011 at 10:06 AM  

Hi Janis,
Thanks for the tip! I'm so gonna get a thermometer now. =)
Happy new baking year!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP