Bake On Baby!

Since I got my oven a few days ago, I've been baking more than once a week!

The first thing I baked is, of course, the classic chocolate chip cookies. Actually, hubby requested it. hihi!



Second: I tried making banana muffins. First time to try it out and it looked, smelled and tasted great! Will post the recipe soon.


The latest batch of food I baked are some chocolate crinkles. You can get the recipe from my other blog Journal of Thoughts (I posted it way before I had The Foodie's Food Trip). We gave them out as Christmas gifts to friends. I already gave out seven packs of them... still have a few more to give out. hihi!

5 comments:

Hampers December 10, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

Nice blog. I am a big foodie. Love the chocolate crinkles on your blog. it looks tempting and can serve the purpose of Christmas gift. Enjoyed it very much.

Mom of Four December 15, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

Wow, looks interesting, but I would need bigger oven, since I have a big family, hehehe.. Great toy though..

Spear,  January 4, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

Hi Janis,
I would like to seek some advice on this oven. I just got the same oven 2 weeks ago and have no idea which function to use for what food. Which function do you usually use for your bakes, like cookies/ cakes/ muffins?
From your picture I see that you are using the second last function. When I tried this function, I find that the oven is not very hot and had to extend the baking time. But when I used the last function, the oven is too hot and my cookies got burnt.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! =DDD

janis January 4, 2011 at 8:03 PM  

Hey Spears,

for everything I baked, I always use that function, which is the fan heating function (i think). my tip: get an oven thermometer, and adjust the temperature based on that thermometer, and not from the temperature switch. :)
happy baking!

Spear,  January 5, 2011 at 10:06 AM  

Hi Janis,
Thanks for the tip! I'm so gonna get a thermometer now. =)
Happy new baking year!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP