I loooove bananas! As a kid I can finish two to three bananas in one sitting! hihihi! I also looooove banana bread! My favorite so far is the one from Red Ribbon... very flavorful and with a sweet crumbly top... perfect!
When I was searching for a banana bread recipe, I always thought that banana extract/flavoring was added to the batter to make it tasty... when I finally baked some I realized that the flavor was all natural. :)
I finally found a recipe for banana crumb muffin and was able to try baking some a few weeks ago (see previous post Bake On Baby!). It has the crumbly top too, just like the one from Red Ribbon! :)
The muffins were moist and soft and the crumbs made a perfect complement.
Banana Crumb Muffin
from All Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.