Baking Escapades

During my looong vacation in the Philippines, I did some baking. I've missed baking so much, that I baked three times in two weeks. :)


The first item I baked is chocolate chip cookies. When I was young and my mom just started baking, my brother and I gave our mom the Mrs. Fields Cookie Book: 100 Recipes from the Kitchen of Mrs. Fields as a present.

We lost that cookbook but I can still remember the name of the chocolate chop cookies in that book, Mrs. Field's Blue Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies. Thank goodness for internet, I was able to search for it online and that's the recipe I used during my vacation. It's yummy as expected. :)

The second item I baked is carrot cupcakes. I used the recipe that a friend of mine gave me. It was yummy! We served it at my grandmother's house during a family get-together. They loved it! One of my aunts didn't even knew that it was carrot cake until I told her. :)


Last but not the least, red velvet cupcakes. I used the recipe by Allysa Torey of the famous Magnolia Bakery in New York. The recipe can be found in her cookbook More From Magnolia: Recipes from the World Famous Bakery and Allysa Torey's Home Kitchen. But instead of using vanilla frosting, I used cream cheese frosting... perfect!

Now that I was able to bake some goodies again, hubby finally gave in and decided to buy me an oven! Happy-happy joy-joy! I will just buy those table-top/bench-top ovens, and not those that comes with a stove.

I've been out of the house everyday since Monday, looking and canvassing. I saw some already but I don't know which one to buy. There's a DeLonghi AOV842/AOV843, a Tefal OV1002, a Baby Belling (heard some reviews about this... but I'm not familiar with the brand). The search is on... :)

2 comments:

Irmee November 26, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

i love baking too but i left all my tools and gadgets in the Philippines. just starting to buy again. would you believe I'm baking now without a mixer? sakit sa braso hehehe...pa-share ng recipes ha? thanks.

janis November 26, 2009 at 1:44 PM  

ha? wala mixer? haha! my mom's mixer is the handheld type & sumakit na braso ko dun. paano pa without one... muscles! hihi!
sure, I'll share the recipes! :D

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP