Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

Nutella was on sale the other day, so I bought two jars. So now... what to do with all that Nutella? Bake, of course!


See those two cutie Nutella jars? Bought them in Italy during our holiday two months ago and I looove them! Each jar just contains 30g (the normal Nutella jar has 400g) and they're sooo adorably cute!

Anyway, I made some Nutella cookies before, but hubby and I felt something's missing... the chocolate chips. I can simply add chocolate chips to the last recipe I used, but decided to look and try out a different recipe completely.

I found one from justJENN which looks simply divine and chewy and perfect.


Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
from justJENN

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 cup Nutella
  • 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prep baking sheets with silpats (or baking paper).
  2. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
  3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, the sugar and the brown sugar. Add the eggs and the vanilla until combined.
  4. Gradually add the flour until the mixture is combined. 
  5. Then mix in the chocolate chips and the Nutella. 
  6. Drop by Tablespoons onto the prepped baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes. 
  7. Let cool on wire racks. When the cookies come out they will go from rounded balls to lovely flat cookie discs.

The Nutella was supposed to be swirled and not completely mixed... I think I over-mixed the Nutella to my cookies. It doesn't matter... they're still great!

2 comments:

macy March 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM  

i want to try this and bake some crinkles again. must buy a cookie scoop though.

janis March 12, 2012 at 4:23 PM  

yes, buy cookie scoop! but use it carefully when the dough's too tough. I've broken 3 cookie scoops already. hihi!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP